Friday, 13 February 2015

I Bought This Shirt For Someone Else/ What About Me?


Hallo!

(If you're wondering, my obnoxious and constant misspelling of "hello" that I say at the beginning of every post is here to stay, coz it's cute, or whatever.)

I've been pretty busy since my last post, and the most notable thing that has happened is that I got a job in a bookshop! At my university! Woo! So I'm pretty stoked about that. I had some pretty horrible experiences looking for jobs, that I plan to make another blog post about later- feat. sexual harassment, conditioning, and wom*n in the workplace. That will be a fun one, so stay tuned.



(outfit details at bottom of post, including this awesome brooch)



Today I wanted to just take the opportunity to tell you some incredibly interesting and thought-provoking things about myself. Not really. This post was mainly inspired by the first things I saw when I looked around my house.



I also wanted to take pics today because it's the first day in a couple of weeks that I've felt pretty good about myself and wanted to make note of it. I've mentioned before that the heat makes me a bit of a rage monster and recently it has been no different, and I certainly haven't felt like taking pictures of myself in my clothes.

 I pretty much have been wearing clothes for as long as necessary to be socially appropriate and then stripping down as soon as I am home. It also doesn't help that my laundry situation has become entirely unmanageable:



Yeah... I'll get to that. 

But today I was just rummaging through the clean clothes I have left, and I found this shirt that I orignally bought at the thrift shop for Annika's gorgeous boyfie and one of my bestest ever friends Luciano, like months ago. But I put it on coz it looked comfy. And it is. And I like it. So I am taking it back before I have even given it to you. I love you that much Luci.


(Don't really know what I'm doing with my face or hands here)

Okay so lets take it away with a couple of incredibly interesting and not at all mundane fakts about Katie Buddle! That's me.

1. I play the flute.


I've actually been playing the flute for going on 11 years, although I had a bit of a hiatus up until recently when my beautiful mum bought me a piccolo flute to refresh my interest. I really love it, and I'm always kind of surprised when I can just pick it up and play it. I had kind of forgotten I could do that.



2. I have very bushy eyebrows that I used to be very self-conscious of and sadly was bullied about when I was a kid. My mum used to painstakingly pluck and wax them for me because I was so worried about fitting in. Now I just let them do their thing. 

I also get hairs on my chin and sometimes weird hairs on my neck. Thank you, Italian genes. Oh yeah while I'm at it,



3. I am part Italian, and my family are from Reggio Calabria. I have a nonno and a nonna and I am the only one on that side of the family who got a freckly red-head gene, so I tend to stand out a bit at family do's. This is a picture of me, my mama, my nonno, my auntie and my beautiful cousin Jade.

4. I have freckles everywhere. Including my knees, my shoulders and my elbows.







Turns out taking pictures of the freckles on your elbows and knees are really difficult though. At least I tried?


5. I collect dolls. 



This is just a sample. Most of them are safe at my mum's house, and they are all creepy porcelain dolls too. I try to buy dolls from different countries when I visit, and a few of these gorgeous grrls are from Estonia. Annika is also keeping one of my favourite dolls, named (creatively) Katie-Doll, safe at her place for a while, because she fell out of my pocket.



6. I also collect tea cups and tea pots and all related things. This is tricky to do in a share house, so I have taken to surruptiously placing them about the place and delegating them to specific tasks, such as um, toothbrush holder? 




Scrabble piece storage? I don't even know.




This is one cupboard among many that is filled with my tea crap. Good thing we have a big kitchen.



(I only just noticed that underneath my teapot chalkboard and next to the photo of me and Annika is a tiny tiny little toy teacup. I didn't even see that when I took the photo. Far out.



Shirt/ Dress: Thrifted/ Vintage
Winnie The Pooh ring- Thrifted from Helsinki
Earrings: Thrifted/ Vintage

Okay, that's all from me for now, largely because my phone camera has run out of storage space and my SLR needs new batteries. FYI I also collect aprons. I have over 30 of them. Eeep.

Oh, actually

7. I am a feminist. This one should be pretty clear to those who follow my blog, but if not, there you have it. I am a feminist and I collect aprons and teacups. Does that make me less of a feminist? I think nope, and I have already explained my thoughts on femininity and feminism in this post, which was featured in Tigress Magazine.

I think it's also important for you all to know that I do my best to support a feminism which is intersectional in it's approach, meaning that it recognises the intersection between things like race, sexuality, gender identity, class, and ability. 

So far I have tried to address things that are specific to my feminism, such as mental health and body image, but I am hoping to expand this over time. I also don't want to take up space that should be occupied by those experiencing various other points of intersection. I would love to feature guests here eventually, and have a few things lined up- at this point it is mainly down to my organisational skills. If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see on my blog, please let me know!

Love always, Katie xxx


17 comments:

  1. Hey Katie. Thanks for sharing some facts about yourself.

    As I've mentioned before, I would like to hear more on being sex-positive. I would also like to hear about your experiences of being openly feminist. Maybe it hasn't been a big deal for you, but I know a lot of feminists feel as though they can't call themselves that because 'it's a dirty word'.

    I also think it's interesting how you touched on the fact that collecting teacups and aprons doesn't make you less of a feminist. I myself have received criticism because I am a mother, enjoy cooking and identify as a feminist.

    Anyway, take care and rejoice in the fact that Aussie summer is nearly over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that post about women in the workplace!
    Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You play flute!? I play flute too! I've also been playing for about 11 years, so we must have started around the same time.

    Do you play much anymore? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer!

      That's awesome, we are flute twins haha! I am trying to play a lot more at the moment, and trying to do more improv kind of stuff. I've also just taught myself the tin whistle which is fun haha!

      Xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey Katie, I loved reading this post and I can share in the love for teapots and tea related things - being British, however, it does come naturally haha. These little facts about you were really cool, such as you can play the flute?! I'm so in awe of anyone musically talented. Also I'm looking forward to reading your future feminism posts as I find you write them so eloquently and share so many of my own views. Keep being rad!

    Cats In Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the content that you post on your blog! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award, which you can find on my blog here: http://astyleblogofsomesort.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-liebster-award.html
    ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime late September last year, I needed help for a bring back love spell after reading great reviews on Dr. Wakina and his love spell. I had a situation which I desperately needed a supernatural help on, every physical efforts made to rescue my husband has always failed. My husband stopped loving and caring for me and our children after 7 years of happy home. He did so much wrong to me, I encountered so many domestic violence from him, he turned into a professional liar, and the worst of all, and he started using drugs and alcohol. I couldn’t bear his torture anymore when he wanted a divorce. I couldn’t afford to lose my husband to a strange spirit, I knew him to be a loving man before we got married, but I didn’t know what came over him.
    Doctor Wakina love spell was so great and powerful, my estranged husband’s attitude and urge for evil changed just after 8 days of the completion of the love spell. The reasons why I can recommend Dr. Wakina to anyone are, his love spell is real and it works, Doctor wakina don’t cast love spell that is against anyone’s wish and his love spell lasts for eternity. I have been observing my husband’s behavior for more than 9 months, he is still the same, he has never stopped loving me again, the love keep growing each day and we keep prospering with the blessings that follows Doctor Wakina’s love spell. That’s the reason why I can recommend him to anyone event to my worst enemy… to email him via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My deepest secret turned against me after my husband discovered I was seeing my boss. Though it’s a shameful act, but I was afraid my boss would fire me if I resist. I really wanted to stay in the job because my husband was not working and my boss increased my pay because of our secret affairs. I thought I was doing our family good, until my husband found out through my colleague, he was broken at that moment and vowed never to see me again. My senses came back, I quitted the job, I was ashamed of myself, I became suicidal, and I started doing drugs in order to forget my past.
    Few days after the divorce papers were served, I email Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) After reading some overwhelming reviews about his bring lover back spell, I explained everything to him and pleaded to make me change, to adore only my husband and make my husband forgive and forget every evil I have done to him and forget about divorce. It took Dr. Wakina two days to cast the spell, my husband came back five days after the spell. I couldn’t believe my eyes, he totally forgave me and agreed to start afresh with me, he then appreciated Dr. Wakina for his help and promised not to divorce. I am so happy for our new beginning, we have a new job and a new apartment. For over seven months, things has been working. I was blessed since the day I found Dr. Wakina’s email: (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. what is this comment even about as of im gonna press any of these links :|

      Delete
  9. As hard as my husband thought he was, Dr. Wakina was able to soften his heart and make him comeback home. My husband of 4 years and I went for a 5 month marriage break because he was too abusive. He only make love to me when he is drunk. Almost at the end of the 5 month break, he started seeing new woman when we started reconnecting, he stopped caring for me or even seeing me after work. I almost lose him in the hands of the new woman.
    I emailed Doc Wakina to help me the way he has been helping others via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com), I can’t foolishly lose him to another, I don’t mind going to the extreme to get back my husband. Behold my case looked so complicated because I initiated the idea of 5 month break, but since my conscience was clear, the love spell worked perfectly well for us. He never spoke of her or any, I feel like woman and enjoy his romance. I wonder where I could have been if not for Dr. Wakina’s love spell. He is simply the best. I love you great doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Note before you read; this review is based on a true life story, feel free to read it all the way though.
    David, my fiancé is the first man I fell in love with, I got my first kiss from him 22yeras. I gave him everything he desires thinking he would never hurt me even though I knew our love might not last forever because we were obsessed with each other which gradually contaminated our relationship. But I did think he wasn’t going to breakup with me one day because of his pronounced promises.
    March 17th about 05:12am he broke up with me in a note, I woke up to see it on my bed. I was suppressed, I tried to stay strong at work but when I return home I cry myself to bed.
    After some months he started flirting with strange girls and I was indeed jealous, though I tied other men, but I was never really over him. He is my first love and I have to get him back ASAP. My luck lead me to Dr. Wakina via his spiritual email dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com. I got help like others. Dr. Wakina through his love spell gave me a second chance to get back my fiancé. The impossible became possible after our new found love for each other became productive.
    I’m proud to share this hoping it might help someone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been in a pretty serious relation with my boyfriend for about four years. We often talk about marriage, buying a bigger house and names for our unborn children. So the talking was gradually becoming boring to us, he decided to make it official April this year, we went out together to look for engagement rings, I made my choice.
    He disappeared on our engagement day, I and my friends waited for him but he did not show up. I almost took my life because I could not handle the embarrassment. Everything about him went death for about two weeks before my best friend advised me to contact Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) for supernatural help. The spell doctor did the readings and told me everything I should know, the main reason he ran away, the lady he ran to and how to permanently solve his problem to bring him back and make him stay for eternity. I immediately ordered him to proceed with the spell because I couldn’t handle life any more. As promised by Dr. Wakina, Fredrick came back to me four days after the love spell with the ring, begging for fogginess before engaging me. I totally forgave him and also forgave myself for planning to take my life.
    We are already married and expecting a baby. It’s all because of Dr. Wakina’s doing via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com), I shall forever be indebted to you sir. I and my family say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess it is no longer a news that Dr.Ogudugu is the best spell caster. Ana Rauzan is my name and i have read good reviews about Dr.Ogudugu before i contacted him through these details via greatogudugu@gmail.com which i took from the internet. I was so shocked when Dr.Ogudugu told me that once he cast the spell that i will be promoted in my Place of work within 48 hours and i was wondering how that could be possible but i must say i became the most happiest person on earth when i was really promoted in the office as the top Manager of the Company i work with, since then i have been a devoted follower of DR.OGUDUGU because he has never fail me, not even for once.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My name is Joy Lopes, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr.Miracle, She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48 hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48 hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child(Taylor) if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:Email (MIRACLESPELLHOME@YAHOO.COM),, or you can also contact him through his website http://miraclespellhome.wix.com/dr-miracles,,or call him,,+2348071398555,,,,

    ReplyDelete